Kyungsung Public Agricultural College was established in 1918, followed by the Seoul Agricultural College in 1950. The creation of these two institutions ultimately led to the establishment of the University of Seoul.
Gyeongnonggwan (Agricultural Management Hall), a museum, and Jajak Maru contain the entire history of the university, which is 96 years old. These three buildings were built in 1937, when the university was moved to its present location.
The university set up a plan for refurbishment of the 80-year-old buildings. With the participation of Professor Lee Chung-gi (Architectural Engineering) in the refurbishment work, it was decided that they should be restored in a manner that would change their original appearance as little as possible.